Client: Savills / Sekisui House Australia
Project: West Village
The retail component of the award-winning West Village precinct comprises 30 tenancies, with a mix of F&B, general retail, allied health and beauty. The majority of the tenancies are smaller operators who needed close management and assistance to get their fitouts completed on time.
Challenge: we lost our Tenancy Coordinator!
Solution: bring in the experts
When Savills Project Management lost their Tenancy Coordinator 4 weeks before the main opening in May 2021, they approached Setting Up Shop to assist.
We dropped into their on-the-ground team, finishing up the tenancies that were due to open on 12 May, and picking up the remaining tenants.
We are now engaged directly by West Village / Sekisui House to run the tenancy coordination for the precinct, which includes the following scope:
- Consolidation and monitoring of tenant design & fitout programs.
- Tenant management.
- Coordination of safety documentation and inductions.
- Weekly progress reporting.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
Setting Up Shop Value add:
- A close working relationship with the client, embedded in their project team so that we are on hand for whatever came up.
- In depth knowledge of the various buildings and their individual idiosyncrasies. The precinct has new build, heritage, mixed use, shopping centre and stand alone F&B offerings.
- Above and beyond levels of service. We do what we say we will and don’t need to be followed up or micro-managed